Last weekend we went ice fishing on our lake. The girls were so excited. They were watching JR drill the hole so intensely. I think they were expecting the fish to jump right out. When he got done drilling the hole they both looked for the fish.
Unfortunately the fish didn't jump right into our laps. However, good thing we had plenty of gear to try our luck. Nora used one of JR's ice fishing poles, but Clara wanted to use her fishing pole she got for her birthday in October. Thankfully kids' poles are about the same size as ice fishing poles. It was difficult to hold with mittens on though. The funny thing about the whole experience is that I think sitting on "the bucket" was a bigger deal then the fishing itself.
Clara and I went in while Nora stayed with JR, then we came back out after nap time. The joys of living on the lake!! (I can really see why lake property is worth a pretty penny) They did catch some fish, but only one perch was big enough to keep. So much for Target and Toys R Us because Nora played with that frozen fish ALL afternoon. I was watching her thinking all the mom things like "now I will have to wash her mittens" etc, but she was having a blast.
Here is Clara and I going back to the cabin. She almost made it back to the cabin walking by herself. I opted for using the sled on the way back out.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I love the updated pics! We enjoyed seeing the girls and your dad this weekend (and of course JR)! We missed you though!!!
ReplyDelete