I love our lake (Indian Lake). The last few days the ice has begun. I wanted to take pictures everyday to watch it in motion and it happened so fast I didn't get to do it! Friday morning we had a little snow/ice on the shore and the waves sounded wonderful. It sounded like big waves crashing boulders. We would only have to crack our window the slightest amount to listen. It was awesome. Saturday there were still waves and the ice/slush went out about 20 feet and now today--ice everywhere. It is amazing. Also, it is now silent. The silence is as cool as the waves were--you feel like you are the only one, and your breath is cold. (Deep Breath, take it in). Every morning I spent a few minutes (or seconds) watching the water. The mornings are the best.
Here is the lake sometime around 7 this morning. The moon was still up.
Here is the lake today about noon...to show the ice in action.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment